05 April 2023
Trustees of Maldon based charity, David Randall Foundation, concieved an idea in the Spring of 2022 to identify potential sites for defibrillators in and around the Maldon district and arrange for the installations as part of a community wide project.
Neil Foster, Trustee of the Foundation announced. "To commemorate their 10th Anniversary in 2022, the DRF looked at sites which were in residential areas, and where it could be time critical to access a defibrillator within a matter of minutes and benefit a large number of households."
If used within the first minute of a cardiac arrest occurring, the survival rate for victims can be as high as 90%. For every minute that defibrillation is delayed however, the chance of survival decreases to 10%.
Over the course of the next twelve months the project came to fruition, and the DRF are delighted to announce that the following sites now have defibrillators fitted externally, they are accessible 24/7, and they have all been registered on “The Circuit”, the national defib network who work in conjunction with the emergency services.
While the current project has reached its conclusion, the DRF are open to suggestions as to additional sites for the future. Please contact Neil@davidrandallfoundation.org to discuss further.
We are honoured that we have been able to play a role in this fantastic community initiative and help supply this lifesaving equipment to support The David Randall Foundation.
We welcome applications from any organisation or charity around the UK! Apply online here
Have a project in mind? Give us a call on 02070432493 or drop us an email at email@example.com